Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
The CCPA requires Westgate to provide you with a statement on its personal information disclosures for a business purpose that reference the eleven (11) categories of information reflected in the chart above. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Westgate has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
• Category A: Identifiers.
• Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
• Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
• Category D. Commercial information.
• Category F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Sale of Personal Information.
The CCPA similarly requires Westgate to provide you with a statement on its personal information sales. Westgate has not sold personal information within the proceeding twelve (12) months. Westgate reserves the right to change its policy on the Sale of Personal Information in the future. If Westgate’s Sale of Personal Information policy changes, Westgate will notify all consumers prior to the sale of any personal information.
Please note that Westgate is providing you with a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Request Form as a mere courtesy and in the event that Westgate’s Sale of Personal Information policy changes in the future. To exercise the right to request that Westgate does not sell your personal information, please refer to the “Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information” below.
Notice Regarding Your Rights
Access & Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Westgate disclose what personal information we collect, use, and disclose. If we receive and confirm your consumer request as verifiable and no exception applies, we will provide you with:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two lists disclosing:
– Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
– Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained. If we receive and confirm your consumer request as verifiable unless an exception applies we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
The CCPA provides a number of reasons why a deletion request may be denied. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
Please note that Westgate has not sold personal information within the proceeding twelve (12) months. Westgate is providing you with a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Request Form as a mere courtesy, and in the event that Westgate’s Sale of Personal Information policy changes in the future. To exercise the right to request that Westgate does not sell your personal information, please click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information (https://www.westgateresorts.com/ccpa-do-not-sell) or call us toll-free during business hours at 1-(800) 925-9999 option 4.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Westgate by:
• Calling us toll-free during business hours 1-(800) 925-9999 option 4.
• Filling out the California Consumer request form available by clicking here.
Only you or someone registered with the California Secretary of State and legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we require you to provide a written and signed authorization of your agent’s permission to exercise your rights on your behalf as provided in this section. Please include your full name, postal address, email address, and your owner number (if applicable) along with your agent’s full name, postal address, email address, and relationship to you.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows Westgate to verify, to a reasonable degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom Westgate collected personal information (or your authorized representative), which may include multi-factor authentication of identifying information provided by you. Such authentication may be conducted and verified independently or in combination with a comparison of personal information already maintained by Westgate, if any; and
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Westgate to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we must also be able to confirm the personal information relates to you. However, we do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to the personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Westgate endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receiving it. If Westgate requires additional time to process your request, up to a maximum total of ninety (90) days from the date the request is received, we will notify you of this and inform you of the reason for requiring the additional time.
If you have an online account with us, we will deliver our written response to your online account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request or have denied a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Westgate will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights as described above. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Westgate will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Third-Party Cookies & Similar Technologies Disclosures
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We respond to and respect your DNT signals.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits certain individuals that are California residents to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated Notice on our website and update the Notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Westgate Resorts Privacy Program
2801 Old Winter Garden Road
Ocoee, FL 34761-2965
Please print and retain a copy of this California Privacy Notice for your records.